버블앤코클스 (Itaewon) – Seafood Bar Restaurant in Itaewon
Surf ’n Turf. Restaurant in Itaewon specializing in seafood cuisine. Enjoyed a lot of fresh and delicious delights from the sea. In addition to seafood, the nicely prepared sirloin steak was not bad either.
1. Lobster, Tomato & Potato Salad – W65,000
2. Coconut-Battered Mackerel Salad with Dill Dressing – W19,000
3. Burrata, Caviar, Egg and Shallot – W25,000
4. Fresh Oysters with White Shallot Vinegarette – 6 pcs – W24,000
5. Clams, Mashed Potato & Rice Wine Sauce – W16,000
6. Grilled Octopus on Tomato, Courgette, Eggplant Sauce – W24,000
7. Vongole Pasta … of course – W26,000
8. Today’s Steak of the Day – Sirloin Steak (채끝등심) [200g] – (W50,000) that was accompanied by SUPER, SUPER (AND DELICIOUS) BUTTERY mashed potatoes and delicious and hard to acquire arugula salad.
It goes without saying that we truly enjoyed the food here. I would definitely come back for sure.
This seafood restaurant has been open for about 3 years now. The owner owns another place in Hannam Dong (어거리 – 5 point intersection) called 방울과꼬막, a pocha that has been open for 5 months. He has a sign hanging out front that also refers to it as Bubble & Cockles. The two locations are really opposite ends of the spectrum in terms of mood and atmosphere. Bubble & Cockles in Itaewon is “luxurious” (but not obnoxiously expensive) whereas the 방울과꼬막 pocha is your hole-in-the-wall neighborhood watering hole that serves up incredibly delicious seafood and fresh fish. The owner-operator of both establishments runs a wholesale fish stall at the famous Noryangjin Fish Market so fresh sourcing is not an issue here. The pocha accepts reservations up till 6:30 PM. After that, you have to wait.